Call us for a free consultation 1-626-6659099



To ensure that the document could be legally used in China, these documents must first be notarized by a California Notary and authenticated by the Secretary of State. Subsequently, the Chinese Embassy and Consulate in the United States must further authenticate these documents. Our service gets this process done for all documents that will be used in China. In other words, we offer a one-stop service with one low price that eliminates tedious legwork for the client and efficiently accomplishes their needs. Our services are generally an all-inclusive package (including drafting, Notarization, State Certification, and Authentication by the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles. We also pickup and mail the completed documents to any location in the U.S. and China. Processing time is typically six to eight business days from the date the documents are confirmed and received by us. We make sure all requirements are met and that delays are minimized. Please note, the Chinese Consulate General in Los Angeles only authenticates documents within its consular district.

The purpose of consular authentication (legalization) is to ensure that documents that are issued in one country can be acknowledged by relevant authorities in another country. The Chinese Consulate-General is responsible for legalizing notarial deeds and other documents that have been duly authenticated by the Secretary of State of the state over which it holds consular jurisdiction. All notarial deeds and other documents issued in the U. S. need to be legalized for intended use in China. Documents intended to be used in Hong Kong SAR or Macao SAR do NOT need authentication by the Chinese Embassy/Consulate General. However they need to be duly apostilled by the U.S. Department of State or the Secretary of the State where the document is issued.

The Three-level Authentication procedure includes:
  1. Have your document notarized by a local notary public unless it is an original certified copy/certification issued by a competent Federal/ State/local Office.
  2. The document needs to be further authenticated by the Secretary of State where the document is executed. Some states require that the document be certified by the County Clerk first.
  3. If one of the Chinese Consulate-Generals holds jurisdiction over your state, you may submit your document to that Consulate-General for final legalization. If not, please get your document authenticated by the U.S State Department before the Chinese Embassy or Consulate can finally legalize it.

Many documents need to be translated and notarized before being certified by the Secretary of State and Chinese Consulate. Please contact us for the detail info.

Each applicant must present valid identification such as a current California I.D., a driver's license, US Military Identification card or passport issued within the last 5 years.

Common documents that need to be Notarized and Authenticated:
  • Power of Attorney
  • Real estate buy and sell Power of Attorney
  • Declarations
  • Court document such as Divorce Decrees, Custody Agreements
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Certificate
  • Death Certificate
  • Birth Certificate
  • Proof of Existence
  • Gifts Affidavit
  • Power of attorney for Foster care
  • Corporation Articles
  • Household Booklet Transfer
  • Declaration of Relinquishment of Inheritance Rights,
  • Affidavit of single status
  • Passport or Green card translation
  • Affidavit of same persons on U.S & Chinese passport
  • Affidavit of One and the Same
  • Non-Criminal Record

The Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles only certifies documents for the following states: Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii, New Mexico, Pacific Islands.